Vivian Meazza wrote:
> Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> > Right, but the aircraft I have seen have just one *switch* ... off,
> > both, left, right (and sometimes starter power is rolled in too.)
> >
> > If the physical aircraft has a separate switch for each magneto, then
> > the underlying logic should just change the magneto-switch[0] value.
>
> The physical aircraft has 2 magnetos and two switches, and a
> separate starter (a Coffman cartridge starter - but that's a longer
> term problem).

Actually, it might be cleaneast to model the engine control properties
as something like:

  /engines/engine[n]/magneto[0] (boolean)
  /engines/engine[n]/magneto[1] (boolean)
  /engines/engine[n]/starter    (boolean)

And re-write the "standard" switch binding such that it sets the
appropriate booleans on the engines based on the 4 switch position
values.

Andy