Sorry, I should have quote this instead:

 Christian Brunschen worte:
> Consider an aircraft with *lots* of different things that can be
> changed; including things like autopilot, radios, and so on. Rather
> than having to have all possible things accessible from the keyboard -
> likely leading to overloading of keys through modifiers, i.e., having
> to use 'x' and 'shift-x' to mean different things - one could cycle
> through having the keyboard 'focus' on different parts of the
> instrument panel. One second the entire keyboard could be 'dedicated'
> to setting up the autopilot just right, thus allowing lots of freedom
> in the choice of which keys do what; by a simple keypress the keyboard
> configuration could be changed to look at only the radios, with the
> same keys that would change the heading on the autopilot configuration,
> now used to change the frequency of the main communication radio, for
> instance.

If a panel is dedicated to a specific key bindings when it is selected, then
we need to unselect it and tell FlightGear to use the original keybindings
after a certain time.  You don't want the user to forgot about cancelling the
selection until it is too late.

Regards,
Ampere