Chris Metzler wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:18:25 -0400
David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Correct. Currently, the AC3D export scripts in blender do not export specular, and emissive parameters, and they probably do not handle
diffuse either -- you have to add those back in by hand in the AC3D
file.

Ugh.

Indeed, that doesn't sound like fun to do ... but Blender does have a pretty active community, and if I remember correctly things like file exporting/converting are done using a subset of Python as scripting language, hence one might be lucky mentioning these requirements within the Blender community, possible one could find someone who knows how to easily add the necessary options to the relevant Python scripts.

Otherwise, you could also attach the native blender file and
the exported AC3D file to your next posting, possibly one could
automatize the task by writing some small shell script, but I really
don't know how feasible that would be, also with regards to the
original Blender file format :-/

But if the Blender people could really add the necessary functionality,
Blender might have the potential to replace AC3D for most tasks, which
wouldn't be that bad, because Blender doesn't cost money ;-)

--------
Boris