David Megginson wrote:
I've been frustrated with the tendency of the DC-3 (--aircraft=dc3) to noseover during the takeoff and landing rolls, and of the J3 Cub (--aircraft=j3cub) to nose over during wheel landings. I've fiddled with the YASim files a lot in the past but have never found a good solution.

Finally, today, I had a DUH! moment. On non-aerobatic planes, the horizontal stabilizer is set at a negative angle of incidence so that it will not stall before the wings (tail stalls are rarely recoverable). I set the hstab on the J3 Cub and DC-3 to -3 degrees of incidence, and the tendency to nose-over has virtually disappeared. The takeoff roll of the DC-3 is a joy, and for both planes, I can now use the technique described in STICK AND RUDDER for taildragger wheel landings -- just as the wheels touch the pavement, push the stick or yoke full forward.

Sounds exciting, I'll have to try both of them now!

Erik