Jon S Berndt wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:55:09 +0200
 Erik Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jon S Berndt wrote:

That's because it's _mostly_ (or entirely) the "sucking" action above the wing that contributes the most to lift.

No, that is the *result* of lift, not the *cause*.

No, you're mixing up cause and effect.

I have been thinking about this over night and think I agree with you here. I've been biased be a comment a teacher (which I respected much) once told me but which after thinking about it some more is unrelated to this subject.

BTW. My comment about the non-existence of pulling forces come from the same issue. Without the existence of pulling forces adhesive and cohesive forces wouldn't even exist.

Erik