Erik Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I was wondering, do others feel that the changes in the last week or
> so justify a new release (0.9.5-1)?

If you are going to make a new release, just don't name it 0.9.5-1,
please. That would create lots of confusion for both users and
distribution packagers.

The reason is that the dash character is used to separate packaging
version from upstream version in Linux distribution packages. At least
that's how it's in Debian and I think rpm-based distros use the same
scheme, don't know about other distros. For example, the current
flightgear's version in Debian unstable is 0.9.4-1.

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/games/flightgear

In my opinion, you could call the new release just 0.9.6. It's not
like the numbers would run out anytime soon :) That is, if you use the
same numbering scheme as Linux kernel (after 0.9.9 release comes
0.9.10).

Thank you for a great simulator! I will order my copy of Stick and
Rudder soon and start learning flying.

--
Kalle Valo