On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 05:23:29PM -0700, martin pardee wrote:
> okay.  looks like i've got some homework to do...
>
> the more i get into this the more impressive this project seems.
>
> i guess i need to try to start with the following two things:
>
> 1) is there a single set of classes i can look at to try to understand event
> processing as it relates to the main frmae painting loop?
>
> 2) if i started with a single switch tied into a serial or USB port as a means
> of beginning to understand the hardware/software interface, what parts of that
> "internal dynamics disabled" client versoin of FG would i look into.

Why do you want to run an fg instance with dynamics disabled ?

For the easiest start, I'd use a single fg instance, with the telnet
server enabled, and write a little (eg. perl) script that reads the
parallel port where you have your switch connected, and changes a
property via the telnet interface when the switch gets opened/closed.

Regards,
Manuel