Hi !

Thanks for the answers so far, I was already playing around with the gui.nas file, will have to look into it in more detail in order to see how to get the positioning part done, though.

I will get back to the original replies within the next days, but a
quick question: is there any way to make FlightGear re-initialize
the Nasal loading routines ?

I'm referring to those files within the Nasal subfolder that are
automatically being made available as modules, I have tried all
items within the debug submenu - unfortunately, none of these
would also make FlightGear re-load the files in the Nasal folder,
hence I still have to re-start FG for each change that I make to
files that are in that folder, which is pretty inconvenient.

Is there any undocumented fgCommand that I could use to have FG
re-initialize the Nasal interpreter ? If not, it would probably fit
quite well into the "debug" menu :-) What do you guys think ?

While at it, Andy: I've read on your webpages that you can directly pass
Nasal code to the interpreter and execute it then using the
parseAndRun() method.

Where exactly (in the FG source) is the object instantiated for the
interpreter ? I'm asking this because I would like to add some simple
way of "Nasal-console" to FlightGear, not even necessarily within
the GUI-part (even though that would also be very neat), but rather
I would simply open another console in order to pass nasal commands
at runtime. Having a simple interactive console would  certainly also
be useful for other purposes.

I think this would particularly simplify the development process, at
least for the testing/debugging part of nasal code ...

(Maybe, one could even export a new node within the property tree
named "current-nasal-cmd" in order to be able to pass commands
via telnet - another node "nasal-status" could keep the result
of an operation (error code, string ...).)

Thanks

--------- Boris