On Friday 15 October 2004 22:25, Roman Grigoriev wrote:
> Hi guys!
> Dlist can't solve the promplem IMHO
> The right answer is VBO
> I don't understand why you don't want to include this nice feature to
> flightgear
> All modern hardware support them. I wrote them year ago and Erik made a
> patch
> you've got really nice speedup when using VBOs
> Also I met in simgear/scene makefile fgsg maybe it be flightgear
> scenegraph? Meaybe you discuss it - plib is old we can make own scenegraph

Instead of writing our own scenegraph we could switch from Plib to Open Scene
Graph.
Open Scene Graph is in active development and has a large
user base, even commercial games use it.

From the OSG introduction:
"Open Scene Graph is published under the Open Scene Graph Public License (a
relaxed version on the LGPL) which allows both open source and closed source
projects to use, modify and distribute it freely as long its usage complies
with the OSGPL. "

The website:
www.openscenegraph.org
http://66.220.18.234/introduction/index.html

And with osgSDL we could  osg together with the SDL library where the latter
one could be used for the rest, like input and such things.
http://osgsdl.sourceforge.net/

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.