Jon Berndt wrote :

> > > How does one create a branch? I know how to tag changed files locally:
> > >
> > > cvs tag -b JSB_New_XML FGAircraft.cpp FGAircraft.h
> > >
> > > Is that what you mean?
> >
> > This is for creating a branch. Then you have to tell that you are
> > working on it by doing :
> >
> > cvs update -r JSB_New_XML FGAircraft.cpp FGAircraft.h
> >
> > check with :
> >
> > cvs status FGAircraft.cpp FGAircraft.h
> >
> > you should see JSB_New_XML as a sticky tag.
> >
> > -Fred
>
> I did that, and saw the sticky tag. I believe JSBSim CVS is now in a good
> state. I tagged
> my local copy of all the "good" files with PRIOR_TO_NEW_XML_FORMAT. Then, I
> copied into my
> local directories the new files that are being modified for the new XML
> capability, and
> tagged then with a branch tag (-b option) JSB_New_XML. Then, I did the cvs
> update as you
> specified.
>
> Now the question I have is how do I commit my local work so that it is on a
> branch in the
> CVS repository? If I simply do a cvs commit does that commit my local changed
> files (that
> have been tagged with a branch tag) into CVS on a branch - not on HEAD?

The commit will happened in the branch specified by the sticky tag you
are seeing by doing cvs status.
If you did cvs add in a directory, the file will get the last tag used to
update or check out the directory.

You are working on Windows, right ? So I advise you to use WinCVS instead
of the bare command line tools. This way you'll see instantaneously what
are the current sticky tags ( or date if you used the -D option ).
You can download it at http://www.wincvs.org/ . It has dialog for all
available option and is very easy to use, and doesn't prevent you to
use the command line whenever you want.

-Fred