I have 4 3d quads that represent the 4 digits of a millibar display embedded
in a 3D altimeter.  I need to read inches HG from the property system,
convert it to mbar and then use that as a texture translation offset for the
quad digits.  There are lots of examples for 2D gauges, but none for 3D
gauges.

Here's a portion of the code that drives the HG portion of the altimeter
(This works fine).

<!-- inches HG display -->

 <animation>
  <type>textranslate</type>
  <object-name>hg_digit_4</object-name>
  <property>/instrumentation/altimeter/setting-inhg</property>
  <factor>0.01</factor>
  <step>10</step>
  <!--<scroll>20</scroll>-->
  <axis>
   <x>0</x>
   <y>1</y>
   <z>0</z>
  </axis>
 </animation>

  <animation>
  <type>textranslate</type>
  <object-name>hg_digit_3</object-name>
  <property>/instrumentation/altimeter/setting-inhg</property>
  <factor>0.1</factor>
  <step>1</step>
  <!--<scroll>20</scroll>-->
  <axis>
   <x>0</x>
   <y>1</y>
   <z>0</z>
  </axis>
 </animation>

Works fine.

Here's a bit of the code for the mbar digits (note that the conversion
factor is multiplied into the factor (.001 * 33.6)):

<animation>
  <type>textranslate</type>
  <object-name>mb_digit_3</object-name>
  <property>/instrumentation/altimeter/setting-inhg</property>
  <factor>0.0336</factor>
  <step>100</step>
  <scroll>20</scroll>
  <axis>
   <x>0</x>
   <y>1</y>
   <z>0</z>
  </axis>
 </animation>

This doesn't work one bit.

I initially thought, no problem, I'll embed some nasal into the altimeter's
xml file but that isn't supported.  I want to make the T6's cockpit fully
functional so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Vance