On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:30:51 +0100
Durk Talsma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After solving the multiple copy problem, the AI system became a lot more
>
> flexible and I was able to load close to 1200 aircraft, but when
> multiple aircraft came into view, I experienced some nasty problems,
> including DList stack overflows. Reducing polygon count by creating
> special AI versions of all our common aircraft (i.e. omitting the
> cockpits, and instruments) reduced this problem further.

You might consider increasing the size of the DList stack, and/or
commenting out the warning written to the screen (the flood of
warning messages slows things down dramatically all by itself).
I understand that this isn't a decent solution, since one can't
expect all the users to do this.  But it's informative.  I mention
this because I ran into a similar problem after modifying some
terrain with fgsd.  Frederic commented that the DList stack size
set by plib was arbitrary, and suggested increasing it and commenting
out the warning.  See the bottom of this message:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9861990

It would be interesting to see if that solves your problem.  If
so, and if there are no obvious deleterious effects (I'm ignorant
about this stuff), maybe changing the stack size can be suggested
to the plib folks.

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)