David Megginson wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:40:53 -0000, Vivian Meazza

> No, it's just a matter of stability.  We don't want FlightGear
> releases to have to depend on prerelease CVS versions of plib, so we
> have to wait until the next plib official release.

I'm not convinced that this actually is the point. FlightGear has a
history of depending on a moving PLIB CVS target - Curt has 'convinced'
Steve Baker more than once to issue a PLIB release right before the
next FlightGear release. My "custom patched versions of plib"-package
is far more stable than PLIB CVS trees that have been mandantory many
times in the past - it even carries a time stamp  :-)

> [...] By the way, are
> you certain now that the crease patch is in the plib CVS?

This is the key point: PLIB folks ("core developers") typically don't
feel much urge to commit a patch that they didn't invent themselves or
that servers their own purpose. Steve decided that he didn't have much
use for Mathias' patch so no one actually bothered to commit,

Martin.