On 12/5/04 at 5:35 PM Martin Spott wrote:

>Martin Spott wrote:
>
>> I had a quick look at my favourite airfield yesterday and I saw that
>> the modified airport generator somehow shows similarities to TaxiDraw:
>> They both don't render stopways.
>
>Would someone please be so kind to comment on this claim ? Did I get
>things wrong or is it actually the case that the airport generator
>'forgot' to create these stopways ? Can anyone confirm the assumption
>that the stopways are missing - for example by comparing a known 'real'
>airfield with the new scenery ?

Hi Martin,

There appear to be no stopway textures in the FlightGear base package, so
without digging through the genapts runway generation code (yet) I'm
guessing that stopways aren't supported by genapts yet.  Definately
something to fix before the next scenery rebuild IMHO.  The latest TaxiDraw
code shows stopways as an ugly shade of yellow ochre BTW - it shouldn't be
too long before it's bug-checked enough to release.

Completely off topic, your screenshots look like you're getting dark lines
at runway texture boundaries similar to what I see on an ATI machine, but
not on a NVidia machine.  Are you also on an ATI card, and am I correct in
thinking that Andy Ross might have once produced a plib patch to cure this
- does anyone know if it ever went into plib or not?

Cheers - Dave