Hi Jon,

I see you are really mad :)
Look here at the X-15 data and FCS diagram: http://jsbsim.sourceforge.net/X-15Aero.html

The USAF F-16 (Block 40) FCS diagram is the same way: stick force is the input. Same with Space Shuttle control Law diagrams.

The JSBSim X-15 model simulates the X-15 control laws as shown in the link above. We take the -1 to +1 joystick input from FlightGear and turn it into a stick force, mapping to the force range described in Etkin's book as a sort of standard.

These are 3 particular examples only.

(about F16)
AFAIK, it has nonmoving joystick, and force transducers, and it is "normal" for that plane to ise output from the transduced as a input.

(about X15)
AFAIK, it had 2 completely different (unconnected?) sticks, one for "lower speeds" (usual stick), and the other one (joystick actually) used for control in "higer speeds regimes". Does it apply for both sticks?

As I mentioned, these are 3 particular examples only, not a general rule .

cheers, :)
Gordan