On Tuesday 28 Dec 2004 20:54, Paul Surgeon wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 December 2004 22:24, Dave Martin wrote:
> > So I made it write a text string in a freefont typeface onto an aircraft
> > texture - Not that it was in the right place but that is only a question
> > of knowing the right co-ordinates to start at.
>
> This will work if we know exactly how the aircraft are textured.
> However if someone decided to make an aircraft that has a registration
> number that spans across more than one texture we will have a problem.

If it were to be done, it could be limited to aircraft that it would be
compatible with. Say, if the aircraft were in a certain airline livery, you
could be sure of the reg position.

 If someone were to choose to use a non-compatible model for AI traffic,
presumable that could just show its default reg.

> MS have been doing the registration painting in their sims for several
> years already.

Just goes to show how much attention I pay to MS FS ;-)

Dave Martin