On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:36:57 +0000, Matthew Law <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've just thought that I might be able to get a really nice smooth but
> higher poly model by using nurbs surfaces to model half of the fuselage,
> say.  Then I'll convert it to a mesh and duplicate, mirror and join it
> to make the whole thing.  Does this sound reasonable?

I experimented with stuff like that early on, but in the end, I found
the most success just building my meshes by hand.  For the fuselage, I
usually start with a mesh square in front view, then I split edges and
move vertices until I have a cross-section of the widest part; next, I
switch to side view and duplicate that square forward and backward,
adjusting its height to fit the fuselage side profile; then I go back
to front view and adjust the shapes of the cross-sections (also from
top view, usually), then I connect them all up.  A similar approach
works for the wings and horizonatal stabilizer or stabilator.

All the best,

David

--
http://www.megginson.com/