On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:33:37 +0000, Dave Martin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > But I think the main problem will be simulate drops on wind screen and
> > windscreen wipers.
> > My question here: When does pilots use them(whipers)? only on take-off and
> > landing or on route too?
> > Thanx in advance

> Most light-aircraft are not fitted with wipers and instead rely on direct
> airflow from the prop (SEP) or often on multi-engine they have a ducted
> air-blower but this is mainly for keeping the screen clear of ice regardless
> of the aircrafts known-icing clearance.

Just as Dave said.  I'd also like to add that there's no such thing as
drops on the windscreen in flight -- you're going way to fast for
that, even in a slow plane like the 172 or Warrior (even my Warrior
cruises over 230 km/h.  Extremely heavy rain can sheet over the
windscreen, but normally, the drops just follow the boundary layer
around the outside of the cabin and appear to fly past horizontally at
high speed (snow can be very dramatic that way, with the sun
reflecting off each flake as it flies by).  On the ground, water drops
on the window of a single engine plane often run upwards, from towards
the top of the windshield, because of the prop blast.

All the best,

David

--
http://www.megginson.com/