* Arnt Karlsen -- Friday 04 February 2005 03:34:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 19:44:54 +0100, Melchior wrote in message
> > I'll continue to improve and extend this script as I see need. If
> > someone has ideas for useful functions, please tell me.
>
> Fowler flaps etc with combined translations and rotations?

Sounds interesting, especially since it's a pain to do manually. But I don't
know enough about how these are to be animated. Their translation and rotation
speed is probably not linear, so it would need a lot of additional input.
You'd need to select several vertices -- at least 3 for the retracted, and
3 for the extended flap. The script, however, only gets a list of selected
vertices and has no clue about which of them belong together. Changing the
script to some kind of 'wizard' might help. I'll think about it but I will
probably leave the coding to someone who actually is about to animate such
flaps.

m.