ARGH My email server has been playing up.  I can't send mail with outlook so I
have to send it through the browser, but then it sends the mail from another
address so I can't get onto the lists.

Anyway I have a bit of a backlog of questions.

I am trying to put gauges in the virtual cockpits of my R22, Pawnee and C152
but I am having trouble understanding the data format.  I can get a gauge to
appear but I would like to do some gauges with covers, so the needle appears
from under it. I can't find the information in the readme.xmlpanel file.  Could
someone point me in the right direction?  On the same matter is there a way of
setting coulours on a gauge to be transperent?

Is it possible to animate *.mdl files?  I have been trying to animate my R22
which is in .mdl format and made by Abacus FSDS. Here is an example of the code
in the /Models/r22.xml file.

 <animation>
  <type>rotate</type>
  <object-name>cyclic</object-name>
  <property>/controls/flight/elevator</property>
  <factor>10</factor>
  <center>
   <x-m>-0.941</x-m>
   <y-m>0.0</y-m>
   <z-m>-0.44</z-m>
  </center>
  <axis>
   <x>0.0</x>
   <y>1.0</y>
   <z>0.0</z>
  </axis>
 </animation>

The model has a part named cyclic but I get an error in the fgrun window saying
that cyclic can not be found.  When the simulation loads there is no animation
of the cyclic.  Is there a syntax problem?  I have done a fair bit of trouble
shooting and have narrowed it down to Flight Gear not being able to find the
part.

Lastly are there any decent freeware/open source XML editors out there?  At the
moment I am just using wordpad to edit the XML files.

Cheers,
Mostyn