Erik Hofman wrote:

>Harald JOHNSEN wrote:
>> Alberico, James F wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have been tracking down the cause of an FGFS access violation that

>>> occurs when attempting to use 1-arcsec scenery data for a tile
>>> generated in TerraGear to have 40000 nodes.  Granted, this may be
>>> extremely ambitious from a performance standpoint, and may prove to
>>> be completely infeasible.  However, I am very interested in knowing
>>> the current limits and pushing hard on them.

>Hi Jim,

>It good to see some big names showing up on the list. This might give
>the project a boost to get to the next level.

You certainly mean Harald, not me, unless you are commenting on the ugly
format of my name here.  :-)

>>> What I think I've learned so far from debugging:

>At this point Curtis is the one who is most involved in these things.
He
>is attending  the  MathWorks International Aerospace and Defense
>Conference 2005 and will be back tomorrow. It might be best to send him

>a private copy of your mail also.

That's a good idea.  Thanks.

Erik Hofman wrote:
>Curtis already mentioned he wanted to change the layout of the tiles
>which probably breaks backward compatibility. So if it would be
>necessary this change could be adopted as well.

Thanks, Harald and Erik.  An unsigned short for that item would help me
for my specific purpose.  Curt and others can determine which direction
to take the project.  A key question will be whether 65k or even 32k
nodes far exceeds any reasonable performance expectations for the
foreseeable future.

Jim