On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:13:54 +0200, Gerard wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Le lundi 01 août 2005 à 00:18 +0200, Arnt Karlsen a écrit :
> > On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:40:58 +0200, Oliver wrote in message
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > > No, it works here.
> > > You just need to start flightgear in 24 bit mode.
> > > fgfs --bpp=24
> >
> > ...does " --bpp=32 " work any better than 24bpp for you?
> > (Assuming X run at 32 on Nvidia cards)
> >
>  Being Nvidia and X installed , i continu to search a good answer :
> After many experimentations,
> I did not notice any change between 24bpp and 32 bpp.

..glxgears, FlightGear etc f/s?

> I am not an expert in graphics development, may be the differences
> depends on the GPU itself  and the capability to handle both
> definitions,
> The main question could be about CPU:
> does CPU time used and is it any losses with one or the other ?
>
> Does somebody can give an answer ?

..pass, what I learned from my own research on gpu's before buying an
ATI 9250 clone, is ATI are "native 24bpp" and "24bpp only", where Nvidia
is "1x32bpp or 2x16bpp", suggesting "ATI would suck at 16bpp doing less
than 3x8bpp" and "at 32bpp not being able to see or make any use of
the top 8 bits."
My understanding of Nvidea is "their cards should work better at 32bpp
and 16bpp than at 24bpp, because 24bpp wastes half a 16bpp engine."

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: