Christian Mayer wrote:
> Josh Babcock schrieb:
>
>>>OK, so I ordered some flight manuals on CD from eflightmanuals.com, but
>>>what they didn't tell me is that they send them in a proprietary
>>>encryption scheme for PDF files that requires Windows ME of later which
>>>I don't have. According to the encryption software manufacturers it is
>>>AES 256 bit (FIPS-197) Now, I have the key of course, the question is
>>>how would I go about decrypting it in the absense of the proprietary
>>>software? Oh, There is also a second key for the software, probably tied
>>>to the specific machine it will be run on, I think I can sniff this with
>>>snort.
>

> Did you try the lastes Acrobat Reader for Linux?
>
> You could also try to run the program under wine (www.winehq.org)
>
> CU,
> Chris

These require a proprietary reader from Locklizard which does not have
printing enabled. I tried running it under wine, but it complained that
I was not running the correct version of windows. I suspect that it
failed to find some DRM system. So far this software is the *only* way I
have of decrypting the file, and once it does it is very picky about
what it does with the data. All I can do is borrow a windows box and
take screenshots from an external program. According to Locklizard, this
stuff is stored encrypted in memory and decrypted on the fly too, so I
won't be able to grab it out of RAM. I have to say, Locklizard seems to
know what they are doing.

Josh