Don Oliver wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have made an .ac file of a small portion of the
> model that I am building. OS is Win Xp Pro.
>
> Following is QSMX.xml in \Models:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>
> <PropertyList>
>   <path>QSMX.ac</path>
> </PropertyList>
>
> ************
>
> Following is my original QSMX-set.xml in
> \Aircraft\QSMX:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
>
> <PropertyList>
>   <sim>
>      <description>Quicksilver MX</description>
>      <model>
>        <path>Aircraft/QSMX/Models/QSMX.xml</path>
>      </model>
>    </sim>
> </PropertyList>
>
> ***************
>
> When starting FlightGear, a "FlightGear Aborting"
> message appears, and FlightGear closes.
>
> When I added the line:
> <flight-model>ufo</flight-model>, as follows:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
>
> <PropertyList>
>   <sim>
>      <description>Quicksilver MX</description>
>      <flight-model>ufo</flight-model>
>      <model>
>        <path>Aircraft/QSMX/Models/QSMX.xml</path>
>      </model>
>    </sim>
> </PropertyList>
>
> ***********
>
> Now FlightGear starts, with my model having the flight
> characteristics of the ufo. However, the DOS panel
> shows the following:
>
> Incorrect path in configuration file.
> Error: base = 0,1180.65 course = 0.830873 dist =
> 1.27905e +007
> amd more similar lines.
>

> Two questions:
> Why does FG abort without the <flight-model> line, and
> how can I find out which configuration file has the
> incorrect path.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Don Oliver

> 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d

The first question is pretty easy, you can't fly without a flight model.
If you are just working on the visual model, ufo is fine. To get an
airplane flying look at YASim or JSBsim. www.jsbsim.org/aeromatic.html
is a good place to start. You could also steal an existing flight model
and adapt it to your uses.

As to the second question, does $FG_ROOT/Aircraft/QSMX/Models/QSMX.xml
exist? If so, what does it contain?

Josh