On Thursday 13 October 2005 14:42, Oliver Schroeder wrote:
> Which reminds me of another thing. Is it possible to use /dev/dsp in a
> non-blocking mode? I want to start a second application which uses /dev/dsp
> while flightgear is running.

Not as far as I'm aware - with ALSA, one should use /dev/adsp which is
nonblocking IIRC, but of course ALSA is only on Linux.  No idea what the
options are for a cross-platform solution..

> I was investigating several applications which can serve as a "radio" for
> multiplayermode and noticed that it is not possible.

I think something like this is badly needed - trying to fly with any degree of
coordination with other people is practically impossible using any system
which involves typing.

Cheers,

AJ