document that don't work anymore. That's why I changed it.
Author: Interesting discussion :) I'll explain why I did this, and I gave it 15
minutes thought and also thought about it when I went to sleep if it was the
right step.
At the company where I work as an IT guy if we update someone's work we add
ourselves as the author so that people can see who are the authors and ask
questions about the document to the new author also.
So It was not my intention to dusrupt the copyright or do it wrong but I just
did what I thought was right. Maybe I was wrong I'm sorry.
How do you guys do this? Then I'll adapt to that.

Cheers,
Dick

Citeren Melchior FRANZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

First let me say that I find it great if you and others look through old
documents and submit updates. And I'm sorry to say that I have a little
problem with this particular version, or two:

* Dick Maurer -- Thursday 13 October 2005 23:58:
I've updated and Attached Readme.joystick.html.

Huh? That's almost the original file from CVS! You only added a <title>,
changed two version numbers, and removed John as the author and made you
the "New Author":

| "version 0.9.8.1 13/10/2005 Former Author John Check New Author Dick Maurer"

That's not how copyright works. Editing someone's work doesn't make me the
"New Author", and him the "Former Author". That's more like "Original author
vs. edited by ...". But maybe I'm just too picky.

| "This document is written with versions of FlightGear 0.9.8 and greater in mind".

And that's a problem. It does exactly describe versions 0.8.SOMETHING to
0.9.8. But we are going to release 0.9.9, which has seen quite some changes
in the joystick area: no more "joysticks.xml" file (at least until 0.9.10),
nasal init block, common nasal namespace, diagnose properties).

Fortunately, all is not lost: I had started with describing the new features
already months ago. I even fixed the numerous bugs and typos, and I'll finish
my version later today or tomorrow.  :-)

m.