On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:58:51 +0200, Melchior wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> * [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- Friday 14 October 2005 10:23:
>
> > At the company where I work as an IT guy if we update someone's work
> > we add ourselves as the author so that people can see who are the
> > authors and ask questions about the document to the new author also.
>
> I would still not call that "author". Just editor.

..say "maintainer", if you mean the guy who updates old docs and answers
questions etc.

..adding new content to something old, you become an author.  Too.
But not the original author to the document.  Only to whatever you add
to it.  Also when that "add" word means remove old stuff.  ;o)

> And I know this only as adding a copyright line with appropriate date,
> and mostly in source code. This isn't normally done in fgfs documents
> AFAIK. There's ususally only one -- the real -- author named in the
> documents.

..say "original".

> All fgfs developers that edit the file can be found in the cvs log and
> are of no interest to the reader.

..that would depend on the reader's purpose for his reading.  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: