"Curtis L. Olson" wrote:

> Personally, I think that the idea of threading in the context of
> FlightGear is a *very* scary idea, especially from the standpoint of
> long term maintanence and keeping our code robust.  I'd perhaps favor
> splitting our code out into separate applications that use networking or
> shared memory or pipes to communicate.

I suspect more people would jump on this train if we manage to agree on
the idea, that platform independent interfaces were a "good thing" (TM).
We should 'hijack' this thread to start a discussion about wether it
makes sense simply to take the current network interface protocols as
given and write them down in some sort of an 'official' interface
description.

Cheers,
        Martin.