Melchior FRANZ wrote:

It's not the UFO that's superfluous, but the discussion about its

removal. I wouldn't even list it as an aircraft that's up for
discussion. Sheesh.
Good point. I would drop it from the aircraft list, but not from distribution. It's no real aircraft and doesn't use real space, so no point in blocking another aircraft for it.

Generally I'd say the most developed aircrafts should be included. It's all about first impression here, as everyone can download additional aircrafts without much hassle. The first impression should just be as good as possible, so the included collection should show as much of FlightGear as possible. There's no use in being technically perfekt and having thousands of features if the users won't see it.

My two cents...

Nine