Thomas F??rster wrote:

> As long as FGSD has no support for these (or similar) formats, there is no
> way
> to merge different contributions. That's why Martin noted that FGSD probably
> MAY be a dead end regarding terrain modelling.

.... and this isn't any news to Frederic, the autor of FGSD. It was
almost at the same time when I was planning the landcover database that
Frederic came up with the idea of using "primitives" in FGSD instead of
directly working on the triangle layout. The motivation of both ideas
is almost the identical: Make individual contributions available to
everyone via the standard scenery.

Cheers,
        Martin.