On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 05:57:53 -0600, you wrote:

>>or just haven't gotten around to.  Wiring up property/command
>>interfaces for C++ subsystems is generally pretty easy.
>>
>>Andy
>>
>Is there a list of all properties or commands available or how do I find
>the appropriate functions?
>I allready found the readme.properties, but looking at Steve's
>autopilot.nas I can see some more properties that are not listed in the
>readme.

Setting a property that does not exist in the property tree creates
it. This gives you the ability to create your own properties in the
FlightGear property tree just by bringing them into existence in your
NASAL script.

I created some properties for internal use by the autopilot. The idea
cane from looking at KAP140 autopilot code. You may want to look at
that, which mine is partly based on. The reason for creating my own
properties was to isolate properties that are special to the
particular autopilot and to keep the properties organized.

I did have some trouble finding out what properties are available. I
looked through every .nas  and XML file I could find in the
distribution until I had a good idea of the properties I needed. I
read the list of properties in the source documentation. I watched
some properties in the property viewer (on the File menu).

I am unsure if there is a complete and comprehensive list of default
FlightGear properties yet. Someone should know on the list.

Steve