Hi all,

I have just uploaded the current release of the South Germany Custom Scenery. These are the most important changes:

1. New River Courses
====================

Ingrid's been busy to make the courses of some of the bigger rivers in the area more realistic by accurately modelling them as area shapes instead of line data.

2. Extended Area
================

Some holes on the route between Lake Constance and Ulm (site of the highest church tower in the world - the Minister of Ulm with 161,4m) have been closed by area data. Not yet complete and most of the line data still missing.

Have a look at our status page on http://www.custom-scenery.org/209.0.html for an overview.

3. Built Using SRTM2 Elevation Data

The new build uses the new SRTM2 elevation data. Data holes were filled and it seems that lakes were flattened. I get the impression, that the new data serves scenery builds much better, as we finally have a Lake Constance without hills and specifically the Lindau peninsula in the northeast of the lake and the Rhine mouth in the southeast match reality much better (e.g.,no water flowing upwards). I currently have no basis for comparison, but to me it seems that the new flatness of the lake leaves more approximation vertices in the irregular elevation net for other areas, thereby giving us more accurate rolling hills. Maybe that it just looks like that because I've only flown the new scenery with the winter textures on ;-)

4. Sparse Scenery Tiles

The download package includes only those tiles which actually contain custom geographic data. No empty tiles anymore. Just put the standard scenery behind the custom South Germany scenery in your scenery path. Note that a tile is included as soon as even only a single polygon is on it.

You can download the scenery data via http://www.custom-scenery.org/195.0.html

So this is a somewhat late Christmas present for you all ;-)

The team of South Germany Custom Scenery wishes you all Happy and Restful Holidays.

Ingrid + Ralf