This would certainly be useful for people wanting to train up in air traffic control. If multiplayer environments become crowded voice communications would be a perfect way to avoid collision. Maybe it would be a good idea to implement some ATC controls in FG (tracking radar with height, etc), either in FG itself or by the pigeond.net map system. It'd sure be an exciting and fairly original feature for Flightgear :D