On Thursday 05 January 2006 23:39, Karsten Krispin wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2006 23:32 schrieb Martin Spott:
> > To me it's obvious why MP and AI are partially going to be merged some
> > day, because both are 'exterior' sources of aircraft movement from the
> > FlightGear users' point of view. If you think of integrating ATC with
> > AI as well, then please keep in mind that a special situation arises
> > because we are unlikely to convince AI aircraft to listen to 'human'
> > ATC  :-)
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> I don't believe that this is a problem at all. We can mask a aircraft as AI
> so that a human controller knows, he has to command the aircraft only "by
> text". Where "by text" means the command window - For lazy controllers this
> windows also creates readable text messages when the command is for a human
> pilot and sends this over network/whatever...
>
> Karsten

This is quite an interesting idea, although a bit speculative at the moment,
because this is beyond the current stage of code development.

One alternative possibility would be to work with separate scenarios: 1) Human
Multiplayer, Human ATC only,, no AI traffic using voice comms; 2) Human
Multiplayer, plus AI traffic, Using AI ATC, and predefined text messages; 3)
AI traffic, only, plus AI ATC.

More variations would be possible, but quite a bit more development needs to
be done.

Cheers,
Durk