Julien Pierru wrote:
Right now svg2ac creates one .ac file containing all the buildings, another containing all the runways and a last one containing all the taxiways. It would be easy for someone to go in the .ac file using either blender or AC3D and edit the geometry, to add features such as towers, modify the height of the buildings aor improve their shape. Texturing could also be done, or colors can be added directly in the .ac file. The output of svg2ac is not necessarily a finish product, it is a first step that indeed cuts down the developer's work when creating sceneries. This code can also be used to create any kind of buildings from a vector image, such as city blocks or what have you.

Julien

I am currently doing that in a non automated way, in order to get a few bulk buildings and populate Wiesbaden city (look at www.flight-gear.de forum for screenshots); I don't like having just a few nice buildings out there in the middle of nowhere.

I prefer having grey buildings than don't have any at all. Do you think svg2ac (which I've currently not tested) could be a real improvement in speed? I see that svg2ac generates errors which have to be corrected later with Blender/AC3D. It looks like svg2ac needs svg images first, which I don't have for Wiesbaden city, are they easy to find?

   Roberto