On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 19:43:13 +0100
Melchior FRANZ wrote:

> * Curtis L. Olson -- Thursday 09 March 2006 17:59:
> > 2. We need to aggressively hunt down any random crashes
>
> I'm aware of four crashes:

I've experienced another that I don't think is classifiable in your list.
It occurred for me in-flight, during a long flight; but AI traffic wasn't
on and I wasn't monitoring ATC.  I've been running FG ever since in gdb
just in case; but haven't been able to reproduce it.  Still trying.

In the meantime . . .there's a crash during initialization that I've
seen (and posted in this mailing list recently.  I'm on an uncommon
platform now (AMD64), so I dunno if it's platform dependent, but I
wouldn't think so:

Chris Metzler wrote:

> One out of three times I start FlightGear, it immediately crashes back
> out to the shell prompt with:
>
>} FATAL: PUI: No Live Interface! Forgot to call puInit ?
>
> I haven't seen anything systematic in either settings or aircraft for
> which this occurs.  It's intermittent, and sometimes repeated tries are
> necessary to start FG.  For example:
>
>} stax:~-502> cvsfgfs --aircraft=aerostar-yasim
>} FATAL: PUI: No Live Interface! Forgot to call puInit ?
>}
>} stax:~-503> cvsfgfs --aircraft=aerostar-yasim
>} FATAL: PUI: No Live Interface! Forgot to call puInit ?
>}
>} stax:~-504> cvsfgfs --aircraft=aerostar-yasim
>} FATAL: PUI: No Live Interface! Forgot to call puInit ?
>}
>} stax:~-505> cvsfgfs --aircraft=aerostar-yasim
>} FATAL: PUI: No Live Interface! Forgot to call puInit ?
>}
>} stax:~-506> cvsfgfs --aircraft=aerostar-yasim
>} Initialising callsign using 'Aircraft/Aerostar-700/Models/aerostar.xml'
>} Initializing Flight Director
>} Initializing Nasal Electrical System
>} Initializing Aircraft Systems
>
> [ rest of successful startup and normal execution deleted ]
>
> In the list archives, the only previous mention I see of this message
> is from a year and a half ago, and it wasn't happening on startup.
>
> Anyone else see this?  Anyone have an idea how to make it stop?

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)