explodes whatever.

Also would it be a big job to stop the aircraft going through 3d models as if they were ghosts ?

Cheers
Justin Smithies

As far as I know this his is only true for

a) random scenery objects (buildings, etc.), automatically placed by FG
b) AI objects with flightplan
c) user constructed models *without* hardened surfaces (very rare to find) (and which I personally hate not for your argument but because you cannot land on with the helicopter)
d) flying the UFO
e) maybe any other unknown a/c without contact points???

If you hit a "normal" scenery model there is no "explosion" - your a/c just stucks in the model and you have to reset FG.

But this is on my experiences with only the BO105 (trying to land on very small areas you find on user objects, so you'll hit a vertical edge by accident) or some aircraft I used to fly as near on the nap of the earth as I could (simulating some strategies I know from the "cold war time" when it was the only possibility to survive ... or land in Moscow with a small plane coming from western countries).

Regards
Georg EDDW