Can we *please* finally fix the notorious crashes in tower.cxx?
This is hunting us since *several* *years*, and it's really
getting ridiculous and annoying.

Is it intentional that aircraft entries (TowerPlaneRec) for one
and the same aircraft are at the same time in two or three of
the lists?

I noticed that it's quite normal for aircraft to be in appList
*AND* vacatedList *AND* trafficList. Or more suspiciously: in
rwyList *AND* vacatedList. My assumption is that it sometimes
happens that one of the doubled/tripled entries is moved to
a list where there's already an entry for the same aircraft.
Then RemovePlane removes only one instance of an aircraft per
lists, which makes the other entry/entries point to invalid
memory.

Are the aircraft not managed cleanly, so that they can end up
in several states? Is RemovePlane just going through all lists
because the code doesn't bother to keep track of the ac state?

m.