> - lang=de does not work for me (Y/Z still exchanged, etc.)

    Hmm, guess i need to investigate more in the keymaps and locales
stuff. I believe lang=de, which is a Morphix builtin, will set the
keymap properly at the console. Can you confirm this?

    Now that I think about it I have definitely missed to change the
keymap in the X config (yes, my fault).

> - no sound (slider is right, no mute, etc ...)
> Though I am working with Win XP I have a Suse 10 Linux install for
> experiments. I could *not* install/run FlightGear under Suse until now
> but TORCS and other 3d-Games run very well *with* sound!

    Can you check if it has actually detected/loaded any sound card?
Try "cat /proc/asound/cards". On the other hand, what driver you've
been using for this soundcard on Linux?

    And, does the machine have two sound devices? It sounds funny, but
say an onboard sound, and a proper soundcard? At the moment FG will
simply pick the first sound card (i.e. /dev/dsp) for output. And because
this is a live cd, it simply detects and activates as many hardware as
it possible can. I got "funny" behavior once when I have my usb
webcam+mic plugged in, and it comes up as the first audio device, and so
FG wants to use that as sound, and failed.

> I tried to calibrate the joystick with the Debian tool "joystick
> calibration". This tool recognized all axis and buttons of my X45 and I
> could calibrate them. But after saving it got even worser, FlightGear
> did not recognize anything (buttons, axis ..) of the X45.

    I have to say I put the gtk jscalibrator on the cd only because
it's there. Have you tried calibrating it using the command line jscal?
The fact that the joystick is being detected, coming up, and FG is
using it, is a good sign though. :)

> I don't know whether this live-CD works like other and has some harddisk
> space for variables and parameters reserved where the calibration values
> would be stored - otherwise calibration is a nonsense because the tool
> would try to write on the CD :-/

    I guess I will add to my TODO list in the future to have the ability
to save settings/etc on persistant media.

Pigeon.