Am Sonntag, den 28.05.2006, 14:42 +0200 schrieb Martin Doege:
> And since one of the major selling points of "Flight Simulator X" will
> be, at least according to the screenshots and trailers, the more
> realistic depiction of water in all its pixel shader-rendered glory,
> it would be great if the water in FG would also be a little more than
> just the big blue parking lot it is right now. :-)

Maybe we could integrate code from the submarine simulation "Danger of
the Deep". They have allready very nice eye candy water effects.

Screenshots:
http://dangerdeep.sourceforge.net/gallery.php
http://dangerdeep.sourceforge.net/gallery/screenshot_0_1_1_01.jpg
http://dangerdeep.sourceforge.net/gallery/screenshot_0_1_1_02.jpg
http://dangerdeep.sourceforge.net/gallery/screenshot_0_1_1_03.jpg
http://dangerdeep.sourceforge.net/gallery/screenshot_0_1_1_04.jpg

It is an open source simulation like FlightGear and under the GPL
license, so there shouldn't be a problem with code reuse from a license
point of view.

If we think about this a little further perhaps they might be interested
in a merge of both projects. Because even a submarine simulation needs
airplanes in the air and nice coast lines with hills and buildings on
the land that is visible from the sea. :)

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.