Just got a reply from Vatsim ive pasted it it below.

:

it's certainly viable to start such a client. However, in order to
connect to the VATSIM network, it needs to be using libraries whose
source code is proprietary to VATSIM (i.e. its source code is under Non
Disclosure Agreement).

If that's OK with you, let me know.

Best regards,
Lefteris Kalamaras