Way back on compuserv forums when I first posted the idea of multiple
people working together to build an open flight sim along the lines of
linux I never expected there would be talk of rolling that into some sim
that is proprietary in any way.
Build it and they will come.
Vatsim will convert to you if make an open source flying network.

You shouldn't think of compromising open source one single inch.

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 9:13 am, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:50:34 +0200, Major wrote in message
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>>  As to my suggestion of linking FG and X-Plane to fly FG on VATSIM, I
>>  haven't forgotten the project but haven't actually got a working
>>  installation of X-Plane under Linux that would allow me to write a
>>  plugin.  I'll try and carry on with that once I have X-Plane running
>>  again (actually, it's the OpenGL acceleration that currently isn't
>>  working on my computer, thanks to ATI being a year behind Linux and
>>  Xorg development).
>
> ..you've probably heard "drop ATI windroid driver and use Xorg's
> ati|radeon" before.   Very recent video card?
>
> --
> ..med vennlig hilsen = with Kind Regards from Arnt... ;o)
> ...with a number of polar bear hunters in his ancestry...
>   Scenarios always come in sets of three:
>   best case, worst case, and just in case.

Bush's family and their Saudi partners make higher profits by preventing
Saddam's huge Iraqi oil reserves from ever being sold. They'll Enron the
world - George Watson 2001

For Hurricanes
www.globalboiling.com
For solar wind and earthquakes
www.electricquakes.com

Typos caused by two inch mobile phone keyboard