> Jon
>
> Your 6800 and the NVIDIA drivers are probably fine or
> else the net would be abuzz about it being a bad card
>
> I suspect that you are picking up a wrong DLL at runtime
>
> Werent you playing with MingW compiles at one time  ?

I suspected that could be a problem, but:

1) I went into safe mode and loaded the latest nvidia driver
2) I rebooted back into normal mode
3) I tried several known good opengl applications and diagnostics
4) They all fail.

I suspect a registry problem, or a bad card(?). Or a dll that's not getting
removed and re-added correctly.

When I remove hardware acceleration, everything works (slowly, of course).

I'll take a look at the tool you mention. I have a support request in to
eVGA (the card manufacturer).

All my Direct3D applications work wonderfully.

Jon