--- Martin Spott wrote:
> I'd like to get the MultiPlayer setup on my wife's PeeCee up and
> running before I recommend use of this feature in The Manual.

I thought I wrote a chapter for the Features section of the manual
already? Or were you going to include it in the main installation section?

> After
> spending a couple of hours with researching the interna of my NAT
> gateway last night, I decided to make a simpler setup for testing
> purpose and took two computers on the local network today. Actually it
> doesn't work as expected, I'm a bit lost and desperately seeking for
> suggestions on how to debug.

So, presumably you are unable to connect to the normal MP servers?

> There are two computers, equipped with FlightGear binary and base
> package from the most recent I could get from CVS today:
>
> 192.168.48.4, sirius.mgras.de, IRIX N32 binary
> 192.168.48.5, jive.mgras.de, Linux AMD x86-64 binary
>

> This is how I start FlightGear on 'sirius' (which takes a bit longer to
> load  ;-)
>
> fgfs --airport=EDWJ --runway=08 \
> --multiplay=out,10,jive.mgras.de,5001 \
> --multiplay=in,10,192.168.48.4,5002 --callsign=D-ECLL
>

> ....  and afterwards on 'jive':
>
> fgfs --airport=EDWJ --runway=26 \
> --multiplay=out,10,sirius.mgras.de,5002 \
> --multiplay=in,10,192.168.48.5,5001 --callsign=D-EEQA

As I recall, the current MP code ignores one of these settings and does
something else, but I can't recall what.

You may therefore need to run the MP server as well and connect to that. I
don't think you can run both the server and FG on the same machine without
some effort - they end up having port contention.

of course, it then difficult to tell if things are working if you only
have one MP client!

-Stuart

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The
Wall Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html