On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 08:45 -0500, John Denker wrote:
> Yeah.  And it would be the only fully-developed "complex single"
> in such distributions and/or the flightgear.org download page.
> As such it would attract even more attention than it does now.
>
> The nearest competition is the PA24 Commanche, which is (a) not
> nearly as common in the real-world fleet, and hence not as familiar
> to most pilots, and (b) not fully developed at the moment, e.g.
> no altimeter at the moment.

John,

I just did
rm -fR pa24-250
followed by
cvs update -dP
both from the data/Aircraft/ folder and the pa24-250 that was
reinstalled is complete with an altimeter right below the asi.  Every
update from my first upload has had a working altimeter.  I pointed this
out to you several days ago in an off-list note.  I did the above for
both the osg branch and the plib branch.  The plib branch does not have
any recent updates but it has a working altimeter. Which branch of fgfs
source are you using?  Does your data cvs match your source cvs?

I also would find it hard to believe that the c182RG fleet out numbers
the pa24 fleet since the Comanche was produced from 1957 thru 1973 in
180, 250, 260, 260T, and 400 hp versions.  I did a Google search and
according to the Cessna 182/182RG Skylanes Model Group, the only 182RGs
were from 1978 to 1983 (i.e. 15 yrs of Comanche production vs 5 yrs of
c182RG production).  At least at the Longmont, CO airport where we
hangar N7764P, there are many more pa24s than c182RGs.

--
Dave Perry