On 02/02/2007 10:20 AM, Stuart Buchanan wrote:

> and have all the .nas files that are loaded by default defined in
> preferences.xml. I've never liked the fact that we always pick up any .nas
> files in the Nasal/ directory.

There are two sides to that coin.
  a) There are plenty of situations where you don't want
   stuff to be autoloaded, and
  b) there are plenty of situations where you do.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.  There should be
a mechanism and a convention for distinguishing the two cases.
   a) We need a nasal library, the habitat of files that will
    not be loaded unless requested (e.g. by preferences.xml).
    I don't care whether this is called /lib/nasal or /nasal/lib
    or whatever.
   b) We need a nasal autoload area.  Anything in this area
    will be loaded automagically.
    I don't care whether this is called /auto/nasal or /nasal/auto
    or /nasal.d (following the Linux style) or simply /nasal (as
    it is now) or whatever.