* Melchior FRANZ -- Wednesday 21 February 2007:
> (cmake didn't work for me last time I tried.)

... but I hadn't really looked into that. Tried again, and I only
had to fix the freetype path to make it work. cmake is on the SuSE
DVD or available here: http://www.cmake.org/. Assuming that you have
your Blender source in ~/src/blender/blender/, then you would do ...

  $ cd ~/src/blender
  $ mkdir build
  $ cd build
  $ cmake ../blender
  $ ccmake ../blender
  ... change FREETYPE_INC to /usr/include/freetype2 ...
  $ make

cmake detected Python 2.5 correctly. make runs through without problems
here. If it doesn't for you, then you may want to join our IRC channel
and ask there.

m.