I've been spamming the cvslogs list a bit too much with small
changes, and to both branches too. But I think that the main
part is done now. There's a lot of documentation on top of the
fg-submit file. Two important parts that I added today are:

- the script does now take an argument that it used instead of
  the directory name. This can be as simple as $ fg-submit update
  and as sophisticated as:

    alias submit='fg-submit "${PWD/#*\/}-$(date +%Y-%m-%d)"'

  So this would, for example, create an archive named
  bo105-2007-03-08.tar.bz2 in the bo105/ dir.

- when the package is ready and an executable named fg-upload
  is found, then this is called with the archive name and the
  extra diff as arguments. So, one can write a small script
  ~/bin/fg-upload like so ...

    #!/bin/bash
    echo "uploading $1"
    if kfmclient copy $1 ftp://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]; then
            echo "deleting $1 $2"
            rm -rf $1 $2
            echo "ftp://server.com/$1";|mail -s "commit!" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    else
            echo "arghh ... HELP! HELP!"
    fi

  ... and the fg-submit script will then automatically upload
  the package and politely ask someone to commit it.  :-)

m.