> I can't remember because I am fairly new to flightgear. But I'd say it
> should be an instrument fault.

Thats what I assumed too ...
> In the C++ sources under Instrumentation, quite a few implementations
> (counted 14) check for proper power.

not bad,  out of 31 , i guess :)
>> SO , should each electrical instrument be updated to check for voltage () ?
>>

> Should, yes ;)

Shouldn't break anything , but I'm not touching that unless I get more
input from the authors...

>> Another idea I would prefer , is to set normalized electrical outputs ,
>> proper volts and amps can be set in /systems/electrical/volts and amps ,
>> it might make lighting factors simpler for gauge lights , etc...
>>
> In the interest of realism, I say keep the volts and amps.
>
> Greets,
> Csaba

like i said proper amps and volts could be stored in
/systems/electric/volts ( they already are ) and  could be factored with
the outputs if need be , but point noted ...

Just an idea anyway :)

Cheers,
Syd