On Friday 06 April 2007 14:00:14 AJ MacLeod wrote:
> On Friday 06 April 2007 13:29, Nick Warne wrote:
> > OK, I know people think I am seeing things, but I just sussed out what is
> > going on.
>
> I'm not so sure :-)
>
> > Here is what happens for me.  The TACAN works, but it doesn't locate the
> > aircraft (tanker) - the dial just seems to swing around in a circle
> > depending what direction I fly in.
>
> It works best if the tanker you are trying to locate is actually equipped
> with TACAN ;-)

Well, then the wiki refueling 'how-to' is wrong.  But if I add in the TACAN
(ESSO1 and the TACAN-id) to that demo I can see it in prop browser.

Just doing a demo_2 as Csaba says works, I can follow the TACAN if I turn it
on when at 8000' (getting out of all the noise?), and sure enough locate the
tanker.  But then dropping off, and turning south, the needle then goes all
off, and in fact ands up pointing to KSFO - I can then follow that all the
way back to airport.

Something is up here.

Nick